We provide psychotherapy services to children, adolescents and adults
We work with individuals who are:
We work with couples who want to:
We also offer adult therapeutic groups that focus on:
We also offer the complimentary services of Ayervdic Medicine, Birthing From Within, GAPS & Reiki. See our About Us section for more detail.
Post Partum Depression
Following the birth of a child, some new mothers (and a small percent of new fathers or partners) experience mild depression, a condition popularly referred to as “the baby blues.” Ten percent of new mothers experience a more severe form of distress, which is called postpartum depression, or postnatal depression. Additionally, some women experience more anxious feelings. The overwhelming feelings of anxiety can be as difficult as depression and can be worked through. Trauma during birth can also come up in confusing ways postpartum.
The symptoms of postpartum depression are similar to the symptoms of depression, including lethargy, sleep and eating disturbances, and persistent sadness or mood disorder. These symptoms can arise weeks, months and even a year after the birth of baby. This, and the fact that men as well as women can suffer from this condition make postpartum depression less of a psychological disorder and more of a temporary condition that reflects a profound change in lifestyle, a hormonal shift (for women), and the likely absence of sufficient emotional and social support for the new parent.
Treatment for postpartum depression, therefore, not only includes traditional psychotherapy and counseling, but also includes practical assistance with creating social support systems and identifying applicable community resources for the new parent.
Please contact me to schedule a consultation - McKenzie Casad, LCSW (757) 553-2780, email@example.com
AYURVEDIC MEDICINE is an ancient system of holistic health empowering you to take personal responsibility for your physical health, mental beliefs, emotional issues and spiritual understanding. In AYURVEDA, we strive initially for the prevention of dis-ease through dietary routine, natural herbal remedies and life-style adjustments based on your unique AYURVEDIC CONSTITUTION. Illness is considered an energetic imbalance which can be corrected through balance and harmony of body, mind and spirit.
SERVICES: AYURVEDA provides an assortment of therapeutic services for a range of people from the newly born to the elderly.
Our focus encompasses:
- Chronic dis-ease of any type from chronic fatigue to low immunity or auto-immune dysfunctions
- Dietary and nutritional concerns for each individuals unique requirements
- Assimilation and absorption of nutrients
- Sleep disturbances and low energy
- Digestive and elimination difficulties
- The effects of mental and emotional stress on the body/mind
- Weight gain and other metabolic disturbances
- The most beneficial yogic and spiritual practices to maintain a calm mind and emotional harmony
- We offer a variety of therapeutic treatments:
- AYURVEDIC massage and herbal steam bath for muscular and mental relaxation
- Detoxification and rejuvenation programs
- Therapeutic hot oil treatments to relieve mental and emotional stress
- Organic or wild-crafted herbal formulas for balancing body, mind and spirit
- Retreats designed for physical, mental and spiritual renewal
- Classes that inform you of the basic principles and practices of AYURVEDA and a CERTIFIED COURSE IN AYURVEDIC WELLNESS
***Our initial private consultation gives a comprehensive evaluation of the recommended AYURVEDIC diet program, herbal supplements and life-style implementations to bring balance to your innate AYURVEDIC constitution
***Our private consultations and educational course fees are based on a sliding scale to fit your unique financial situation
Please contact me to schedule a consultation - Vijaya Stallings, Ph.D., M.A., D.Ayur Ayurvedic Paractitioner (757) 254-3588, firstname.lastname@example.org